Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Englewood to Greenway (Opposite path of yesterday)

Sorry for the lack of pictures today. I just wasn't feeling picture happy. I parked in the same spot today. I went south on Springwood, first left on Ironwood, and took the third entrance into the park. Unlike yesterday, I took a left instead of a right at the entrance. Same park, TOTALLY DIFFERENT WALK. This side is much more open. Yesterday had open grass areas, but they still had a lot of tree coverage. The Greenway park side is tons of open grass. There's still a lot of tree coverage, and as usual, very pretty, but I'd see this side as more of the winter walk for when the trees are naked and you're not trying to hide from the sun rays of death. At least it's not Texas/Arizona hot. But still, shade is wonderful in the summer. And I like trees. Lots and lots of trees. The great points on this trail are
1. Lots of playgrounds for your kids if you want to make a day of walking from one park to the other.
2. Frisbee golf! Yah, it has a Frisbee golf course on it.
3. There is a fitness park with all the little fitness bars and tables and stuff I have no clue what to do with... yet.
4. It has mileage marked signs that tell you how far you are from the next road if you're like me and don't map out your route. 
There are multiple ways to do this trail/loop and yes you can actually make it a loop. For the longest loop, head towards hall, right over the red bridge, and when the path reconnects next to Albert sons, that's your path back. That's NOT what I did today. You'd have to look at my gps route to see how I got the mileage I did. 

If you have a dog, watch out for rabbits. There's tons in this park. We saw at least 9 this morning. Sasha's weaknesses are squirrels, ducks, and rabbits. This park had all of them. We jogged  .9 miles of the route today just to keep her calm in certain areas. That's not a bad thing though. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it also. She's already sleeping behind me. :)
I feel really good by the way. It seems like the more I'm out and walking, the better attitude I have during the rest of the day. I'm not wanting naps, I'm actually less hungry, and I feel more satisfied about my day. It's not the same joy I got from dance classes but it's pretty dang close and I know Sasha is much happier with the added exercise. She literally sprints for the car in the mornings. Before I've even shut the house door behind me, she's licking the driver door of the car.

Runkeeper GPS Happy: Yes Dog friendly: Yes (leashed) Path- paved Good for medium distance (over 2 under 10)- wide enough for 3 people plus grass on both sides Quiet :) 3.5 miles today Total for month= 9.1 Left to go this month=65.9

No comments:

Post a Comment