Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lake- Ducks and Cal burn

Summer Lake park is located south off of Sholls Ferry and 130th Ave. We usually go there for the dog park, but I really like the "gardens" (dirt path around trees) area. Last time, I walked there with Sasha from our house, got to the gardens, and had to come straight home because I was running out of time. This time, I just drove over there. I remembered the leash this time :) The best place to park is over by the dog park. It's just a little south on 130th from the bathrooms and playground. 
We started out in the gardens and I went with what looked like the main path. It turns out it wasn't. It was still .75 miles. The next route I took only added .10 miles to that so I know I still didn't take the right path. I just find it hard to know what paths lead to streets and which ones are part of the loop. I guess next time it would be better to check it out anyways. Heaven forbid I walk a little longer on a hike...

I loved the ducks everywhere. Sasha loved the fat oversized hamster looking things. I'm a bigger fan of dirt pathed tree covered light hills, but this park is great for a good walk.  We got 2.5 miles done for the first day of July. Only 72.5 to go!
Runkeeper GPS map happy: Yes
Easy terrain- no hills
Path: paved unless you're in the gardens
Main loop is wide enough for 3 people
Dog friendly (definitely bring the leash for this one- dogs, ducks, and runners everywhere)
Quiet- No road noise
Note:There are many entrance/exits to this hike. This would be a great one to bring your kids with you on and let them play at the multiple playgrounds afterwards. There is also a large bathroom at this park.

No comments:

Post a Comment