Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fanno Creek Trail- Englewood to Woodard

This is a trail I've been curious about for a while. Part of it is on either side of Scholls Ferry right by the Nike Run store. But the side I've been curious about is the one that goes down the bridge and behind the bushes. Well I found it today! (Turned south on Springwood and followed the signs down Ironwood to Englewood and picked and entrance.. People like wood names here) I saw an older couple goofy walking (speed walking) and followed. It was interesting because you follow the wetland but you don't really see it. There's a wall of pretty between you and the water. It's easier to see in the pictures what I'm talking about. You do have to cross a few small roads where the path is not straight in front of you but the signage is easy to follow. As I got closer to Woodard (wood) it became more of a family park than just a hike. It was large open grass areas, picnic tables, a cool looking barn, and treeeeeees. 




I loved it. There's also a hidden baseball field in there. As I've noticed with every hike in the Tigard area, there were tons of Oregon grape bushes. I think they're beautiful. My favorite part was when Sasha decided sniffing ducks was not enough and took off after the smallest one. It floated... she didn't. Her leash helped me pull her in because she FREAKED out. Of course I would too if I expected to keep running and then there was magically no ground under that water. She got quite a few laughs and "poor thing" from others who had seen it. I consoled her with "Well, you shouldn't have gone after the small one. Karma hates that."
She was pouting after falling in the water and wouldn't look at me for a picture.
Runkeeper GPS Happy: Yes
Dog friendly: Yes (leashed)
Path- paved and split
Good for medium distance (over 2 under 10)- wide enough for 3 people
Quiet :)
3.1 miles today
Total for month= 5.6
Left to go this month=69.4
She never lets me lead
Fanno Barn
Baseball Field

No comments:

Post a Comment